ITS World Congress 2018, Copenhagen
(17.-21. September 2018)
The Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) World Congress is the largest trade fair for experts in the field of intelligent transportation. The main theme for this year's congress was "ITS – Quality of Life".
The C-ITS Corridor project was represented at the event with lectures in a joint Special Interest Session. The session was organised and moderated by Giacomo Somma (Ertico – ITS Europe). Besides the participants of the C-ITS Corridor, Eric Ollinger (DGTIM, France) and Gary Crockford (Departement for Transport, United Kingdom) were also involved.
C-ITS services have been successfully developed and tested. Currently they are ready for the roll-out in the federal states. At the meeting the experiences were discussed and presented. The session provided insights into the current status of the C-ITS corridor in each country and highlighted the current challenges. Volkswagen, a representative of the automotive industry, presented the safety-relevant importance of cooperative systems for C2V communication.
The C-ITS Corridor project was represented at the event with lectures in a joint Special Interest Session
- SIS40, Cooperative ITS services: moving from crossborder interoperability to market roll-out, 18.09.2018, 17:15-18:45
C-ITS participants: Lectures SIS40
- Jan Niklas Meier (Volkswagen, Germany)
- Sandro Berndt (Federal Highway Research Institute (BASt), Germany)
- Helge Molin (Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, Austria)
- Serge van Dam (Rijkswaterstaat, The Netherlands)